Engage is a Visa Debit card account that offers a package of useful features to help you to manage your money well
If you are moving on to the Government’s new Universal Credits, and would prefer to bank with your local credit union, Engage could be a solution for you.
What does the Engage Account offer?
- A contactless VISA Debit Card that can be used in shops, to pay bills and for online purchases. There is no transaction fee on purchases within the UK.
- Have your wages, pensions and benefits paid directly to the card and make free same day transfers from HEYCU savings accounts on to your card.
- You can set up Direct Debits and standing orders for your regular payments free of charge.
- Online account management facility and mobile App as standard features at no extra cost.
- Pay for goods using your mobile phone (Samsung and GooglePay enabled.
- Virtual card technology to protect your account details from fraudsters
- Envelope facility to help you budget and set aside money for your rent and other priority bills – no more missed payments!
- You can earn cashback rewards of up to 15% when using your Engage card at certain retailers including Argos, ASDA, Sainsburys and Marks & Spencer. Click here for more participating retailers.
What it costs
- £4.99 one-time set up fee (to pay for your Engage card);
- £2.99 monthly management fee;
- 75p withdrawals at UK cash machines (but requesting cashback with your shopping is free).
- For further details of charges see here.
The Engage Account and VISA debit card are issued by Contis Financial Services Ltd who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (Firm Reference Number: 900025) and a member of Visa. Please note that Engage is an electronic money product and although it is a product regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
If you are an existing Credit Union (HEYCU) Member download this form and return it to us, or apply in branch.
If you are not a Member you can join here.